If you haven’t been living under a rock, then you’ve heard about the Powerball lottery jackpot that has been growing steadily for months. The current jackpot has reached an incredible $454 million, making it the largest ever in North America! So what would you do if you won? Here are some tips to help you plan for your big win!
If you’re one of the lucky ones who bought a Powerball ticket for last night’s massive $454 million jackpot, then congratulations! Here are some things to know as you begin your journey to becoming a millionaire.
- You have 180 days from the date of the drawing to claim your prize.
- You can choose to receive your winnings in one lump sum or in annual payments over 29 years.
- If you take the lump sum option, you’ll get $269.4 million after taxes are taken out.
- No matter how you choose to receive your winnings, they will be subject to federal and state taxes (unless you live in Florida or New Hampshire).
- You can stay anonymous if you choose, but if you do disclose your identity, it will be public information.
- As with any major prize winnings, there is always the risk of being scammed by someone trying to take advantage of your good fortune so be careful and consult with an attorney or financial advisor if necessary!
So there you have it- everything you need to know about the Powerball lottery jackpot. Whether or not you’re planning on buying a ticket, we hope this article has been informative and fun. Good luck to all of those playing! The record-breaking $454 million prize is certainly something to get excited about.