Horse racing is probably one of the oldest and most popular sports in Australia. The adrenaline rush and the excitement associated with the sport can be further augmented if you decide to indulge in a bit of horse racing betting of your own. Race horse betting can be a really fun filled, exciting and rewarding experience if you can place your bets right and if you know the rules of the game. Merely staying back at home and earning a few extra dollars just by virtue of a few well-placed bets can be a lot of fun. That way, you are not only being able to follow your favorite sport, but also earning a few bucks through horse racing betting.
When you begin to use the laying system and place your first horse bets, you should make sure that you are acquainted with the rules of the game and the terms of betting. Without the any required knowledge, your horse betting odds may not be very good. Set a realistic betting goal for yourself to help you win more than you lose.
A few golden rules of betting
When you begin to bet as an amateur, it is always better to begin with a small betting bank. Gain some experience in the field and then go on to increase your bets when you are more confident with your horse bets. Educate yourself about the game and about the performances of the horses that are in the game. Pick up a few of the latest sports magazines on racehorses and read up on the statistics and the average winnings of the various horses. Once you have the required figures, try to make an informed guess about the horse betting odds.
You may also visit the morning sessions of the practice race in the area to get a fair knowledge about the performance of the various horses. However, this is not always allowed. If that is the case, you can reach the racecourse a little early, read the track, and observe the racehorses to make a smart bet. Observe the behavior of the horses on which you have decided to place the bet. If you find that the horse is acting tired, sweating, or walking with a limp, refrain from placing your bets on it.
Keep the horse betting odds in mind. Horses are categorized as Front Runners, Closers and Morning Glories. The front-runners have better odds of winning the race, while the closers are the ones that come in as close seconds and may have a very good chance of coming out as winners. The morning glories are the horses that shine brightly like the sun initially in the run but die out soon. You need to find out the basic category of the horse you are placing your bet on to increase your chances of winning.
Types of Horse Racing Betting
It is important to have some knowledge of the various kinds of betting that you can place on the horses. The few basic categories include:
– A straight bet or a Win bet is one of the most common horse bets where you place your bet on a single horse and you win if the horse wins the race.
– In a Place bet, you shall win the bet if your horse comes either first or second.
– Again, in the Show bet, you can win your betting money if the horse that you have placed your stakes on, comes first, second, or third.
– In a Combination bet, you shall have to predict which horse shall perform better among two to four horses and your win is based on the accuracy of your prediction.
– When you place your horse bets on two horses and if they finish in the first or second place, you shall win your stake. This is known as Quinella or Reverse Forecast.
– In Pick 3, you can select horses that you feel might come across as winners in 3 consecutive races.
– A Daily Double is a race horse betting where one selects the horses that will win the first two races and that the wager is made even before the first race starts.
Indeed, at times horse racing betting can be an overwhelming task, but when you begin to get the hang of the sport, you shall enjoy the whole experience of race horse betting. Just remember to make smart choices at the beginning and you can then begin to improve when placing horse bets.